The internet is a wonderful place full of interesting articles, pages, and content. You will undoubtedly find videos that interest you among this abundance of online creations.
However, sometimes the video source cannot be accessed due to some reason.
Here are the steps you should follow if you have the same problem. You can download videos with Blob URL with the following guide we bring to you.
How to Download Blob Videos From websites
What is Blob Video?
Inspect Element can show blob video URLs when a crawler crawls some videos or when you search for it manually.
A blob object in HTML5 generates tags that constitute a protocol rather than a protocol itself. Blob objects are parsed by the browser internally.
Download Blob Using VLC Media Player
Despite being less popular than before, VLC Media Player still has a lot of uses. You can download MP4 files from blob URL videos using the media player.
1. Locate the video you wish to download on the web.
2. Please ensure that the URL of the blob is involved before proceeding. You can inspect the page by right-clicking on it.
3. The inspect window can be opened as a new tab if you click on the three dots in the top right corner. A developer tool for the webpage will be opened.
4. Look for “blob” by pressing Ctrl + F. In the search results, blob links can be identified by their beginning blob.
5. Click on Network in DevTools.
6. Type “m3u8” into the search box using Ctrl + F.
7. Now, click on the desired file and copy the url.
8. From the official website, you can install the VLC Media Player. Start the installation process on your PC and install the software.
9. Choose Media from the toolbar in the top left corner of VLC.
10. Click on the Open Network Stream in the list of options.
11. In the text box, paste the URL of the .m3u8 blob which you had copied.
12. Next to the play button, press the little arrow and choose Convert.
13. Choosing the desired output quality and browsing to the destination is done in the convert window.
14. The conversion process will begin once you click Start.
15. The video can now be found in the destination folder.
How to Download Blob Video Using Software on Windows
You can easily download blob URL videos using Freemake which is a powerful video converter and downloader.
The software’s premium package is required for most services. The free version does, however, allow you to download smaller videos.
1. Download and install the Freemake Video Downloader.
2. In the upper left corner, click “Paste URL.”.
3. Paste the video link into Freemake to download.
4. This will open a window for downloading. You can customize the download settings according to your preferences.
5. Click on the Download button to save the file.
How to Download Blob Video Using Software on Mac
Blob videos can be downloaded, converted, and played with Cisdem Video Converter.
This program allows you to convert downloaded blob videos in high-quality to almost any format.
1. Download and install Cisdem Video Converter
Run software on the Mac once the downloading process has been completed.
You will see the “convert” tab. Select “download” instead.
2. Copy and paste the URL of the video into the box
Copy and paste the URL of the blob video in the white download box on the bottom of the Cisdem Video Converter.
3. Download Blob Videos on Mac
Download the blob video to your Mac by clicking the download icon.
It is possible to download more than one blob video at a time. Adding video links and starting to download them is as simple as repeating step 2.
You will see the downloaded blob videos in the folder named Cisdem Video Converter on Mac, when you click the tick icon.
4. Video Blobs can be converted to any format you wish
You can choose any of the formats in the format library and then change the quality of the output files by clicking the gear icon under the convert tab.
To convert blob videos to your preferred formats, click on the conversion icon button when all is done.
How to Download Blob Video Online
When you enter a link to a video, SaveFrom.net captures the blob video. Videos from over 40 video streaming websites can be downloaded with this program.
If you want to save these videos, you can download them in various formats.
The SaveFrom.net helper browser extension and Android app are also available for downloading blob videos.
1. Open the SaveNet website.
2. Paste the link of the blob video into the form box.
3. Select a quality for the output.
4. Click the green “Download” button.
5. Now a new page will open with a preview of your video. In the bottom right section, click the three dots and click on download.
How to Download Blob Video Using Chrome Extension
One of the best ways to download blobs from Google Chrome is with M3u8 Video Downloader.
1. Visit the Chrome web store and download M3U8 Downloader. Add the Chrome extension by searching its name.
2. The extension will detect video blobs if you open them on the website and play them. When you enable it, you will notice that Chrome’s toolbar icon turns green.
3. Click on the extension icon and a dialog box with various quality levels will appear, showing you the blob video playback.
4. Click on one of the quality files you wish to download by clicking the “Download” button. The blob video will be downloaded.
These were our tips on downloading blob videos on Mac and Windows. We hope it helps you with downloading blob videos from YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Compared to Cisdem Video Converter, which is a third-party program with more powerful functions, the online tool and extensions offered by the free online tool and extensions are limited. In this case, downloading videos with a professional tool makes the most sense if you need to download videos very frequently.